Mosterton Lion King Bench update
We prepared the wood by cutting it to a large cuboid. This removed the sapwood (which is generally not durable) and helped iron out any of the fluting (buttressing) in the massive piece of Macrocarpa that we thought would fit the first lion best.
Using a large saw (you could put a wheel on it and ride it home the engine is that powerful) we started to get the overall shape of the lion. Switching to a smaller saw, the saw that does the majority of our work, we further refined the shape including the very tricky task of getting the legs in the correct position and cutting out between them. This is as far as we’ve got.